Serves 2 essential “bowl lovers” dream meal.
- ¼ cup gochujang
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons wildflower honey
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 can Whichever Tuna Works for you, slightly broken up
- 1 whole avocado, sliced into crescents
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, shelled and sliced in half
- 4 scallions, sliced on a biased
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Whisk together your gochujang, rice vinegar, honey, chopped garlic, and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil until silky and smooth, and set aside. Using a rice paddle, loosen up your rice with your remaining tablespoon of sesame oil and distribute your rice into two medium-sized bowls.
Next, stack your avocado slices neatly over the top of one hemisphere of the rice’s surface, and do the same with the tuna chunks on the other.
Carefully nestle your egg halves between the fish and avocado and finish with scallions, sesame seeds and a drizzle of sesame oil.